Land surveys can help clearly establish the physical properties and legal boundaries of a piece of land. Today, surveying technology has developed significantly and is capable of incredible precision and attention to detail. Still, lots of people are unsure of when land surveys are actually necessary. The reality is that there are a number of instances in which a boundary survey may be beneficial and necessary. Read on to learn more about when you should work with a land surveyor in Idaho:
- Land purchase: When you purchase land, you want to make sure that it matches up with the details that are advertised. A land survey can reveal inconsistencies in the listing that might affect the value of the land. By working with a land surveyor in Idaho prior to purchasing property, you can ensure that you are actually getting what you’re paying for.
- Land sale: If your property hasn’t been surveyed in a long time, or if it’s never been professionally surveyed, buyers may be hesitant to buy for lack of updated property information. Taking care of a land survey before you sell your property enables you to provide prospective buyers with as much information as possible.
- Land subdivision: Subdividing a large piece of property into smaller parcels of land can be tricky when it comes to complying with local laws and regulations. Zoning ordinances can completely derail a subdivision project if you aren’t careful. A land surveyor in Idaho can conduct a thorough survey of the property to ensure that it is divided into parcels that fall in line with all of the applicable zoning regulations.
- New construction: If you want to build something new on your land or expand on an existing structure, you need to know whether there are any factors that might prevent you from legally completing that project. Easements, encroachments and zoning ordinances can all affect your ability to develop your property, so you should seek help from a land surveyor to ensure that your project is in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Boundary dispute: If you’re experiencing a boundary dispute with one of your neighbors, it’s essential that you get the facts about your property straight. Leaving conflicts with neighbors unresolved or resorting to extreme legal action right off the bat can sour relationships and leave both parties feeling resentful. Reaching out to a land surveyor in Idaho allows you to establish the precise boundaries of your property and avoid a drawn-out dispute with a neighbor.
Regardless of why you need a survey, it’s important to make sure you hire a professional, highly qualified land surveyor in Idaho for the job. When you work with Mason & Associates, you can feel confident that you will receive the highest quality service possible from our team of experienced land surveyors. We have all of the resources and expertise necessary to help you with a wide variety of land surveying and civil engineering projects. You can find out more about what we have to offer and schedule a consultation by giving us a call today.