Any building project requires a huge investment of time and money. It’s important to make sure you have the best possible team working on the project, and it’s also crucial that you work with someone who can agree to do the best possible job within your budget while also accounting for your specific building needs.
You can keep your construction project on the path to success by partnering with a trustworthy and understanding land surveyor in Idaho. After all, the land surveyor will help set the tone and pace of the entire project. Before hiring a surveyor, ask potential companies these questions to ensure you find a firm that will best be able to complete the work you need done:
- What are your licensing qualifications? The most basic requirement of hiring a surveyor is to make sure the company is appropriately licensed in the area where your building project will take place. Ask each company for proof of their license to provide surveying services in Idaho, and verify the license independently as well.
- Have you worked on this type of project before? To get an idea of how effectively a land surveyor in Idaho might manage your project, ask for examples of past projects the company has overseen that are similar in nature to what you need. This might include other building projects developed for the same industry, or it could involve other specific goals, such as energy efficiency.
- Can you provide references? A firsthand way to understand how land surveyors perform their duties is to talk with past clients about their experiences with the company. Ask for two or three names so you can get a good sampling of responses, and make sure you ask the same kinds of questions of each past client so you have a way to compare and contrast what they say.
- How do you calculate costs? You’ll need to factor in any additional charges for more advanced services or unexpected changes to your plans. It’s a good idea to ask for a breakdown of the surveyor’s pricing up front so you’ll know about how much wiggle room you’d have if something unexpected needed to be factored into your budget.
- Who would be managing my project? Projects tend to stay on schedule and on budget when the same individual or team is consistently involved throughout the process. Find out if the land surveyor in Idaho keeps the same team assigned to specific projects or, if there might be changes, how key information is communicated for maximum efficiency.
Let us help with your next land survey
A qualified land surveyor in Idaho will offer experience, professionalism and versatility. Mason & Associates prioritizes all of these important qualities when you trust us with your building project. Whether you’re looking for a company to handle your residential or commercial land survey, we’ll take care of your project at each stage. Get in touch with our team today to arrange a consultation and learn more about what we have to offer.